4 Tips on Choosing a New Front Door
If you are looking for a new front door for your home, then you may be asking yourself where do I start?! Or if you’re a company looking for front doors for your new builds then choosing a one can be quite the task. With so many variations in styles, materials, colours and finishes, its no wonder so many people get confused. Here at The Door Zone, we’ve put together a list that we hope will help you in making a choice for your desired front door. So here are 5 things to look out for …
1.) Door Material
One of the common things overlooked about front doors is that they are available in a wide range of materials. Some of the common ones are….
– Available in a number of styles and colours, excellent insulating properties, keeping the external noise to a minimum.
– Pollution and water resistant – so can withstand the harshest of weather conditions.
Timber / Wood
– Wood and timber finishes have an excellent aesthetic appeal, making them desirable for any style of door you choose to go for.
– Excellent insulating properties keeping the cold out and warm in, due to its strong nature.
– Can be quite reasonable from a cost perspective also.
– Known for their strong and robust nature, composite doors are increasingly becoming popular for security purposes.
– Excellent insulating properties, long lasting and pretty much weather proof.
– Better insulating properties as compared to others & Environmentally friendly
– Not prone to discolouring or fading
2.) Style of Front Door
Once you’ve selected the material of the door you want, then it’s also worth considering the style you’d like. There are essentially two styles of front doors that we have within our range here at The Door Zone, and these will most likely be standard across the industry. This will be either contemporary or Traditional. The images below shows the look of both styles, and puts it into perspective just how they will come across.
Once you’ve picked your style and material, its then worth considering a colour that most appeals to you. Most doors regardless of material can be custom coloured. Here are some of the sample colours that are available to you here through The Door Zone.
4.) Eco-friendly Doors
One of the more prominent ways to keep the warm in and the cold out is through the insulation of your front door. Specially designed eco-friendly doors are available here through The Door Zone, where we can upgrade your selected door to be Grade A Energy Efficient. Click to our eco-zone to learn more. If you’re interested in a new front door for your property, then have a look at our door designer to design your ideal front door, with all of the elements above in mind, and more… Or if you need any further advice or have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 01858 786 407.